Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Living The Dream

This morning is supposed to be my last day here in Australia... 30 days has flown by with amazement in every day... hour by hour... minute to minute. I somehow had the most amazing time I think possible. I went out with a few mates 2 nights ago for some farewell drinks and a few games of ping pong. The night was so good.. ate some good meals and... had a few too many drinks :) By 11:30 p.m., my friends filled my head with some very good inspirational thoughts and by 1 a.m...... I was on the phone with Quantas Airlines canceling my ticket home..

Livin The Dream is my slogan for this trip. I want to really just follow my heart, do what makes me happy, and SPEND the money i've been saving for this intended trip. My plans are you buy a car or a motorcycle, rent a room, work a few shifts a week, surf my brains out, and live it up.

In the back of my head I always come to think..... What about home? What about this? or that? or blahh blahh blahh. It's just a load of crap that really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Home will always be there and will pretty much always be the same thing. I was given this life to live it to the fullest. And I think doing things like this, are only part of what "livin" is all about.
Things keep falling into place and everything still seems to be working out perfectly. I start my first shift or work tomrrow morning at 7:30 a.m. making lattes and muffins :) I'm so excited. I think this is actually the first time i've ever wanted to go to work. It's a little cafe that serves food all day.... gormet food and perfect lattes of all sorts.
The swell has been building the past few days and got some of the most insane waves of my entire trip this arvo. The water is 80 degrees with sunny blue skies and pretty women flooding the streets... along with your typical kook out in the line-up.
I need to post some pics and I will do so very soon! Too much fun... not enough time!
kB (:

3 comments:

Beenie said...

Dude you are my hero and of all those who never had the chance to follow that dream. Was thinking you would be home soon until i read your blog.... Yeh home will always be here and the lineup misses you...well except when you get all the waves....can only imagine the waves down under right now and how you and all the mates are just killing it. I'm doing my best to keep everyone in line and steal a wave now and then. Pics would be great. Hey toes over, lattes a plenty stay healthy and don't crash anything.
like you last paragraph a lot!!!!
Aloha Brother
Greg Kookmeister

Nathan Oldfield said...

yew! enjoy!

Monica. said...

Love this post. How good is this LIFE!! live it up. M.