Saturday, December 18, 2010

Paradise to Weather Not So Nice

Just got back from Kauai and the only thing on my mind (because it's freezing, and flat, and cloudy, and crappy) was my surfboard. I have laminated both sides and the next steps need to be taken! Back to Canvas Surfboards factory to tackle yet another foreign task of surfboard building.
Mix, mix, mix, mix, mix, mix, mix, mix, mix and mix the catalyst in, pour that chee on, and get to brushing. A hot coat uses a different resin from lamination resin. Another name for it would be sanding resin. Dave (laminator... actually the best laminator for Canvas, Infinity, Nation surfboards, etc.) took me through some of the basic steps of hot coating and sure enough, with his words of wisdom, it came out better than I originally thought. My face lit up instantly. Another step towards the finish line and so excited.

mhm (:




kB

No comments: