Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shesh Juan 2


Building a Surfboard

Still in the very beginning process of building my surfboard. I have been thinking non stop about this board. Imagining myself using the tools and trying to imagine myeslf actually using a planer? I have come to realize I either really suck at using a planer, or it is just very awkard because of never using anything like this before?

I got to Maxx's house about mid afternoon ready to get to work. Last time I template, cut, and fine tuned rails of the blank. Today is the first time to ever use a planer. Had no idea about how different and foreign that planer was going to feel like in my hands. I really had no means or ideas of how I was going to take on this task. I mean, I know you push the trigger and vroooom vrooom it cuts the blank, but never usederstood how the shoe works, differnt angels, etc. Maxx was right there helping me and answering any questions I had. He told me to ask a million questions. "Kam, you need to feel almost awkard for asking so many questions. You can't learn unless you ask."

He gave me the run down and a few pointers. Before I knew it, I had already done a few passes without really even realizing it. WOW was all I could think. The foam looks so freaking good comapred to the outside skin layer. I am actually making a surfboard...? (: I can't believe it. Maxx keeps telling me I am doing great and to keep it up. I couldn't be more stoked.

I eneded up skinning the deck, the bottom, and did a few passes to start the rails on the deck. Suprisingly took a couple hours! hahaha SLOW but SURELY...

We talked and talked, I asked and asked, I learn and learned. So amping on the next time back to Maxx's layer. We took a good look at it. Shared some thoughts and suggestions, and called it a night.


Nuggest Chaser











2 comments:

sco surfing said...

keep it up bro!

Nick said...

Nice work man, that board is going to be sick!